Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Black & Decker PD600 Pivot Plus 6-Volt High Performance Screwdriver


I purchased one of these from Amazon a couple months back. My wife was skeptical and thought it was just another toy, but now she admits she was wrong and agrees with me that this is one of the better tool buys I have made. In the last two months I've used this tool to drill starter holes, put on piano hinges, assemble a bed, replace a lock, bolt bookcases to walls, hang pictures, and a variety of other tasks. The LED flashlight on the underside is very bright and is helpful in that when I work on something it is often without other direct illumination. The clutch mechanism is hand-variable and works well. The tool has plenty of torque for pretty much every job I have thrown at it.

The only two improvements I can think of for this tool would be to have a more secure mechanism for holding the two extra bits it comes with (they squeeze in to rubber grooves on the sides of the tool and fall out fairly easily) and to put the charger plug somewhere such that the elbow does not to be straightened to insert it.

This tool is incredibly useful and was a great deal for the money I paid. I would buy this tool again!



Black & Decker PD600 Pivot Plus 6-Volt High Performance Screwdriver

No comments: