Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Garmin Forerunner 301 Personal GPS with Heart Rate Monitor


Embedded GPS sensor provides basic navigation, with info on distance and speed and suggestions on getting home
Virtual Partner mode sets time, pace, and distance goals and races you against digital competitor
Includes Training Center PC software; measures 3.3 x 1.7 x 0.7 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty
Waterproof, wrist-mounted training device/GPS receiver for tracking lap times, distance, heart rate, and calories burned
Digital heart rate transmitter wraps around your chest; comes with heart rate zone chart that sets training targets


I had read several reviews both here and in other locations and really did not know what to expect with the Forerunner 301. I have been using it for over 2 weeks and it is incredible. Everything works as advertised or better. I have had NO GPS-sync errors. All times, heart rate data, and distances have been accurate. The menus are super easy to use and easy to customize. I especially like the target distances, heart rate, speeds, and trainer features. I used it in races already to keep me on pace and to save a little something for the end. I have yet to use the PC software but plan to soon. I have experienced no problems and highly recommend it. I lent it to my wife (who is generally anti-gadget) to use on a walk and she was happy with the experience and pleased with the results...no training required!



Garmin Forerunner 301 Personal GPS with Heart Rate Monitor

No comments: